Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It Is Spring Again:)

Yes here we are coming into the 2011 planting season and I am already woefully far behind. To be honest I just do not have the ability anymore to keep up with everything. Last year was irritating enough as far as the vegetable garden aspect. I just could not keep up:( Poor Kevin between all the hours he works, and keeping up with routine maintenance that comes with a small farm just doesn't have the time to help as much as I need help.

 This year aside from a very small plot of personal vegetables, I think I am going to stick more with my herbs and the persimmon trees, because these are very hardy and almost self  sufficient.

Speaking of the vegetable garden, I have not even prepared that area yet, sigh.  I am hoping my son will come over and help this weekend:)

 So for spring 2011 what's up? The Honeysuckles are blooming:)

With all the uncertainty about radiation from the Japan Nuclear Crisis I am planning to get in as early harvest as I can of things like mint, lemon balm, st. Johns, and stevia etc.... Thank Goodness the honeysuckles bloom so early. Wasn't that something too, I posted about it last year sometime, they had an odd like November or December bloom time. I remember thinking oh that's cool, natures bounty, as I gathered them.

There is NOTHING as sweet as the nectar of honeysuckle blooms, and the aroma that fills the room as they dry is absolutely heavenly:)

Well, there is another storm coming through soon, and I am off to pluck the tender blossoms before it strikes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie