Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

More Ingredients for a Great Herbal Tea

Today I gathered more honeysuckle blooms, and I am very happy at the quantity I have drying at this point. With limited days remaining to continue to increase my bounty I am feeling confident that I will have enough Honeysuckle to make a large quantity of my loose leaf blend, which is the only way to make it worth pursuing this loose leaf tea marketing project. I will be adding dandelion blooms to the dried honeysuckle though. Both of these yellow flowers are great detox cleansers, as well as immune boosters. By combining the two I will be assured of enough yellow blooms from the cleansing benefits family.
I have also been gathering white clover heads today, which is classified as Trifolium pratense. While I do not find that they contribute greatly to the taste of the blend, research has never the less shown that they contain anti cancer agents. White clover is also widely reported to be beneficial in the treatment of conditions such as psoriasis, and as an anti-inflammatory. Sufferers of gout and arthritis have used teas for relief. It is also said to be useful for people with bronchitis, and sinus conditions. During the great depression white clover heads were dried to make flour, and used to prepare desperately needed bread. It was called Angel Bread. So yes I have been using clover in my mix as well.
OK Gotta boogie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie