Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Working at Gathering One of My Tea Ingredients Today


Hey, Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms:)
I have been outside gathering honeysuckle blossoms for my natural herbal tea mix I plan to try marketing. Each of the ingredients has it's own season to pick, and right now it is honeysuckle season. I usually just gather enough to sun dry and fill a large mason jar, for myself, but if I am going to be serious about trying to sell my tea, it is of course going to take a lot more gathering and production. The vines are just slam packed and easy picking, and there is no better smelling chore I dare say.
Each of the ingredients for my tea has its own special properties and benefits, and brief research will show that honeysuckle is useful for anything from asthma to urinary tract infections. The main reason I chose to add it was the delicate scent and sweetness it brings to the table, as well as its abilities to detoxify the body.
When I was a kid my brothers and I used to suck the nectar out of flowers. I still remember that. Then again we would try anything as I recall, we even sampled hardened pine sap for gum. Today I guess most kids would prefer running to the store and picking out a candy bar, rather than the time and effort outdoors in the sunshine under a blue sky sampling the oh so delicate sweetness of natures candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie