Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sarah Palin's Alaska: Changing Opinions?

I must say I am very skeptical of government and mega corporations (They go hand in hand you know), and at the time that Sarah Palin was "sprung" on the American public, as John McCain's running mate it felt like this woman was just one more thing being crammed down our throats. Ya Know what I mean?

The way the whole thing went, the hype, the drama,  just really immediately turned me off to the idea of her in the capacity of Vice-President of the United States, and quite frankly as an individual.

Now, I do realize Sarah Palin's Alaska, being a reality show, is of course somewhat contrived as well, but I have actually watched a couple of episodes now and a strange thing is happening.

As I watch and see her in the elements and nature it is clear that she really is an outdoorsy woman, and her love and ability to be comfortable in the natural elements cannot be faked. She really has fished and hunted, she really does love family and nature. That goes a long way in my book. Too many people have become disconnected with mother nature today, living within sheltered cities.  I know I would not, could not, live within a city, even a small one, not for all the conveniences in the world.

Sarah Palin, I may not be ready to consider you as a serious Presidential possibility, yet...but, I do think that if you and I met in a different life, a different world, one without so much division, mistrust and hate, that I would consider you high quality friend material, as we have a bit more in common than I thought at first.

I want my President to be someone I can look up to and trust that they are doing right for the people, who are the heartbeat of America, someone who knows what the right thing to do is and is not afraid to do it. Someone who refuses to be another puppet with strings attached to corporations and secret societies and secret agreements. That person will be free spirited, compassionate, wise and brave.

I will be watching Sarah Palin a little more, with a little less pre-conceived sarcasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie