Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Am Not Defined by My Cancer

Many experts state that a blog is supposed to have a focus, a sharing of specific knowledge.
I am a cancer survivor, and like many others I know deep in my inner recesses, where I hide it away, that I will always have the shadow of cancer returning at any time looming over me. This is an aspect of my life that I would like to share experiences about. What did it feel like when I heard the news I had cancer? What was it like going through chemotherapy and radiation treatments? What was the hardest? What helped me through it that might help someone else? I am working on a book right now detailing these issues, it is called You Can is Part of Your Cancer Diagnosis. So yes cancer related issues will be a popular topic here.
All of my life I have had difficulties fitting into prepared boxes, so my blog should be true to me, and reflect this. While I would like to share tips and inspire other cancer patients, I would not want my life to be defined by this one aspect.
Every day is a new day, and one never knows what I may feel like relaying on any given day.
In the course of recovery I have ups an downs, good and bad days so my mood will no doubt play a role in the daily tone. Did I over due it in the garden today, and I regret it now? Am I frustrated because I have not had enough energy to go riding on my fireball quarter horse Jake yet? Am I satisfied because the plants are doing well going from the greenhouse to the outside garden? Did I stop and smell the roses (Currently the lilacs and wisteria are in bloom here, I LOVE lilacs)? I may write on any of these topics. I may reflect on something as simple, yet as beautiful as a spider web strung with jewels made of morning dew. I may be irritated, infuriated, saddened or elated by transpiring current events or trends. I may get good or bad news at any time during my follow up care appointments. I may even wax poetic occasionally. So you see the focus, if there must be one, is broad; the focus is life.
While I am limited physically in what I am able to do, and accomplish, and working from home as a research writer, I therefore am not getting out in the world much, except for doctors appointments, it would be nice to be able to interact with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie