Follow me to learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis

Follow me to  learn more about life before, during and Beyond a cancer diagnosis
PEG Tube... not so scary ;)

Friday, September 24, 2010

PET Scans Completed

Okay well just dropping in here very briefly to let everyone know that the latest PET scan was done on Tuesday. The tech said the report should be finished in 4 days, so Wed., Thurs. Fri only makes 3, Monday will be 4. The way I am looking at it now is the old adage no news is good news is best. I figure if there was something obvious I would most likely hear sooner, so like I said no news is good news on the latest PET scan. It is 100% possible and plausible that my problems are related to damage from radiation treatments, as opposed to the return of cancer in the same place, or another.

At my last appt with my Chemo doc it was also noted that my TSH levels were way too high, 25 plus, but my t3 and t4's were on the high side of normal. Could be the thyroid pooping the bed, as it was in the line of fire for the radiation treatments, main concerns are over pituitary gland involvement. I have been started on a low dose of levothyroxine in an attempt to stabilize or lower TSH being pumped out by the pituitary, and the intent is to monitor next few months and see where these levels settle. I have only been on the medication for a few days now, and as of yet can't say I feel better, but I will give it a try. Problem is I am having hyper and hypo thyroid symptoms, but doc says this can happen when the thyroid is in the process of burning out, or dying. Some days it puts out enough and other days it doesn't I guess:)

As far as Mother Nature's Herbal Teas things are going well, and orders continue to sporadically come in from various locations. I would like to welcome the state of Florida to our list of customers:) It will be time to put the garden to bed for the season before you know it, and I look forward to focusing on writing and art as I do most winters.

Well that's it for now, must be off to the post office to ship latest order, everyone have a great day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome input from everyone, but Please be aware that due to unscrupulous people using the comments section to post links leading to other Herbal Tea sites comment moderation is now on. Any comments with links to other tea sites will be deleted before posting. Thank You Debbie